Tuesday, February 26, 2019

INTUITIVE THINKING



INTUITIVE THINKING

Intuitive thinking Is not simply emotional: it is just as rational, logical, as conscious thinking – the only difference is that the process is unconscious, and only the result, or will, is brought to the surface. In daily life, we all do many things intuitively, but even a habitual action needs to be rationally willed at some level.
A problem may occur, however, when one is facing an important decision. One should consider whether one’s gut feeling is best for the long run, rather than just for the more immediate future. I learned this the hard way. I had already become adept at questioning my unconscious and receiving intuitive answers. Very late one evening, my intuition told me to keep eating the chocolate cookies, though my palate indicated I had reached the maximum amount of sugar that was healthful. I kept eating them while saying out loud, “This is crazy!” and checking my intuition, which kept giving me the green light. I later discovered that eating so many of them had had me become pre-diabetic I have since discovered a technique for checking whether or not a surprising intuition is valid even for the long run.


No comments:

Post a Comment